Sunday, November 9, 2008

Costumes Galore!


My son and I at Zale Corporation in Irving with the costumes the employees collected for the foundation.

What a response we have gotten on costumes! They have been flooding in and are continuing to be sent our way. So far we have collected 321 costumes. Our goal is 2,000 so we have a long way to go, but I know we will make it. Thank you to all who have donated to this great cause.

The closet unveiling at Children's has been pushed back to a later date to allow for the best opportunity for the foundation and for the kids that will benefit from it. Alexa's birthday is April 29th and Blake's anniversary is May 1st. Opening their closets around this time will make them all the more special.

***

The foundation's first meeting took place yesterday morning. Boy did we have a lot to discuss! We have made some good revisions and are focused on recruiting others to join in our cause. If you are interested in being a Board member, or assuming an advisory position we would love to hear from you. Please email me at princessalexafoundation@gmail.com and I can forward the requirements and meeting schedule.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, next weekend we will be collecting costumes at my daughter's birthday party as she has choosen to ask her friends to buy and bring new costumes in lieu of brining her presents. We are excited about this opportunity. We can mail thing but if she wanted to drop them off how would we do that?

Anonymous said...

Can you give us an update on the costume count?

Princess Alexa Foundation said...

Hi anonymous, I would love to meet in person. Just email me or call me and we can set it up. Thank you for being so kind and tell your daughter we are very proud and honored.