Sunday, October 26, 2008

Drayk, the Boy of Honor

This weekend I had the opportunity to take a costume to little Drayk. I met Drayk and his mother during our last stay at the hospital and was happy to get reaquanited at the party last Friday. Drayk is quite the active toddler! His mother happened to mention to me that Drayk wanted a Mickey costume for his birthday and she was having a hard time finding one. Princess Alexa Foundation to the rescue!

Drayk is in remission from AML, a form of leukemia and his last treatment was given to him this past week. He also turned two so to celebrate both events he was given a big bash by Heroes for Children. The party was held in the family room of the hospital and I was happy to join in the fun. Drayk loves Mickey and I am sure he will make a cute one for Halloween and the months to follow. I am thankful that I was able to continue to spread the love of dress up to this adorable little guy through our foundation.

*****

The big weekend is coming up! Remember to go out on Saturday and buy costumes for us. Boys and Girls costumes and accessories for ages 2-10. I am planning a big shopping trip with a fellow board member so if money is easier, I will certainly accept that as well. Everything is tax deductible. See "How to Help" tab for more information. Happy dress up day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember meeting Drake, and how much baby Zack loved him. I'm glad to see he is doing well!